Sunday, July 7, 2019

July 7, 2019

Ashland - And so we begin

We are here and ready or not it's time. Stephen, Bryan and Hunter gave us a lift to Ashland and now it's up to us to walk the rest of the way. It should be easy with all the butterflies in my stomach! Our final pack weight was a little more than we had hoped at 33 and 35 lbs. We know we've packed stuff we don't need so we'll probably add to the first hiker box we come to. Looking forward to getting our trail legs and mojo. It will be just the renewal we've been needing.

It was with mixed feelings I bid my coworkers and volunteers at Solid Waste farewell . It feels strange to not be coming back qnd I wonder what life will be like when we return. TBG will return to his job so we have that security to come home to.

To all of you wonderful well-wishers, thank you for your support and encouragement!

We promise to do our best to keep you updated as we walk along the trail. Please be patient as we'll be doing our communicating on our phone so typos and the like may be frequent!

With that being said I guess I can stall no longer....our first step of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment