Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Hiking Partner

Okay, here goes...it is The Bald Guy, and I've hijacked the blog! I want to share with you about the best hiking partner a guy could have.
My wife! I have been planning this post for quite a while and I still don't have the words to describe how lucky I am to have her. I am so proud of who she is and how far she has come. I have asked her to share her story, and I hope someday she does. Inspirational? You bet!

There are all kinds of schools of thought on the "dangers" of couples hiking the trail together and will there be issues on the trail? Sure. There is nobody else that I would rather hike with. I need her to survive. Yeah, she IS carrying my food!

Part of the reason we are hiking the PCT this year is to encourage others to be healthy (mind, body and spirit) and Sue can easily connect with those who need the boost! Thank YOU so much for the comments and emails, which encourage her and really get her going.

The amount of dedication, passion and overall commitment to success from Sue is amazing. Not only for this hike, but for life! Thank you, Sue, for being who you are. I am truly blessed with the best hiking partner!

Happy Valentine's Day, Sue!

We love hiking! See YOU on the trail.

The Bald Guy

5 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, mushy-gushy! I love you guys, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute together, I can't imagine one without the other. Way to go Bald Guy, who could ask for a better Valentines memory.

    Pocahontas

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I had this long mushy response posted but when I checked the post it was there twice so I deleted the second but it didn't go away so I did it again and they BOTH disappeared! Argh.

    At any rate my husband aka hiking partner is the ultimate romantic and I am the one who is blessed.

    TBG puts up with my highs and lows always remaining stable and secure. He's my rock and safety net. He encourages me to dream and then sticks with me as I chase them. He celebrates my victories and stays with me when I fail. He believes in me even when I don't. He continues to try to spoil me (I'm not spoiled yet...keep working on it) and always puts my needs/desires before his. Not only is he my husband and love of my life, he is my best and forever friend.

    Thank you love for making me feel so loved and valued. Happy Valentine's Day to you too. I love you--forever. ♥

    Oh yeah...we love hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh, very nice BG! I am so proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete