Monday, April 1, 2013

Cancelled hike...broken dreams

Alas the worst has happened and it looks like we have to cancel...
Ha ha! APRIL FOOL'S!! The only thing that might get cancelled is our flight--I think the butterflies in my stomach will carry us there!

Only 12 days until we leave and 14 til we start walking...wow.
No cooking, no dishes, no vacuuming or cleaning the bathroom, no driving, no mowing the grass...of couse no snuggles with grandkids, pillows or hot showers or flush toilets either. It's going to be so weird but cool.

Rumor has it that it might be a hot dry hike this year. Maybe miles of snow and raging rivers won't be a problem. However adequate drinking water might. There's always something to think about.

I had a long post done last night...I'm sure it was the best I've ever done only to somehow delete it so now I have to start over.

Spring has finally sprung and TBG and I have definitely got the hiking bug. We are itching to hike. Good timing since we're about to get a lot of it!

I think we have the camera/phone photo thing worked out. Now we just got to figure out editing and rotating. There was a brief consideration of leaving all electronics home...imagine 5 months of no electronics...as I said, the thought was brief.

Below are some adorable faces we'll miss. As I mentioned, we still have to figure out photo editing and rotation! But I got it! Yahoo!

Hoppy belated Easter to all.

We love you and appreciate all your support and encouragement!

We love hiking!
The bald guy and sue
Who says girls are sissies!

It's not really crawling down his face!
Cute little swinger!

2 thumbs up g-ma!

Yes, he washed his hair later!
For someone who doesn't like heights Tommy gave the swing a thumbs up.

4 comments:

  1. All right, you got me. My heart stopped for a split second! And that is hard to do. Glad to see you are still going, can't wait until the day we meet up with you guys somewhere along the trail. I'll probably cry!
    Happy Hiking,
    Pocahontas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good one. I was disappointed when I saw the title, but alas, it was just a hoax. Should have known since it was April Fools day. Looking forward to following your hike!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't mean to alarm anyone..well maybe in my own perverted way I did. :O

    Thanks for paying attention and loving us anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always were ready with a good joke!!! Not that this one was GOOD mind you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete