Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 11- The Day the Potty Gods Went on Strike

Today could have been a good day but we were both tired and the grouchies overcame us.

680.9 to 698.7
Long/lat: 35.98313   -118.15238
UTM: 11S396114    3982692N
Elevation: 5856

  It makes the mental battle so much harder when we have friction between us on top of it. TBG is losing more and more weight and as a result, energy, and I'm getting worried. The trail is great! We are still not used to the heat so it also serves to zap us. It's hard not to grow discouraged.

Both of us have sore feet-not blisters but muscles/stress pain. It's amazing how much you use your toes! We are anxious to get to Kennedy Meadows and the Sierras. But,also nervous, those are some serious mountains. We plan on taking at least one zero in KM to rest and regroup, shower and laundry. I'm really enjoying hiking "with" Belgium Red and KPax.

Soooo, here we are, side-hilling in an exposed/burned area for miles and miles-most of the day and I need to go. We  havent' seen another person all day so when we finally come to a few, rare bushes, I duck behind them. Not a lot of coverage, but enough. I no sooner get started when, yup, two hikers come up. I squat a little lower and they don't even know I'm there. They no sooner get around the corner when, yup, two more come up. By this time, I'm zipping up and so I just smile and wave hello. Can't deny what I'm doing. They just smile the knowing smile. Darn potty gods...This is the first time EVER that I've been caught in the act! At least I was hidden! It could have been so much more embarrassing!


Due to our grouchies, finding 5 positives were more difficult but we did come up with some:
1. Easy trail; 2. Fantastic views; 3. Horned lizards; 4. Exceeded our goal; 5. Our hiker friend, Cookie Monster



We LOVE hiking,
KOKO & The Bald Guy


1 comment:

  1. Yup, hiking even makes you appreciate the dreaded blue-sweat-to-death-terrible-smelling porta potties!!!

    ReplyDelete