Monday, June 3, 2013

May 22 - Road Walk

PCT miles: 383.36 - 403.56: 20.2 miles
Lat/Long: 34.34378, -117.98328
Elevation: 5,790 feet

Great day! I (KOKO) started out whining to myself,
 but then decided it would be a VERY long hike if I didn't change my attitude so I began to think about what I was learning. Of course, now I can't remember all of them, but here's a few -- to eat piece candy (M&M's, Tamales, etc.) one at a time, switchbacks are a necessary evil, my feet hurt no matter how many miles or what kind trail, the last three miles of the day are the longest EVER! So, so many more...

We met up with Vertigo and Kaleidescope at the first crossing of Hwy 2 and during the course of conversation decided to road walk with them to save miles and elevation change. It was quite nice, actually and much easier than the trail. I (KOKO) was hoping and needing a mellow day and I got it. So, we really didn't walk 20.2 miles today.  Probably somewhere around 16, but for us it counts  as trail miles. We are at one of  the last crossings of Hwy 2 tonight and was suprised  by some trail magic. Good way to finish the day. The Bald Guy got face to face with a lizard at Little Jimmy Spring -- cute.

Five positive things of the day:
1. Little Jimmy Spring (good water)
2. Road walk (save miles)
3.Getting to know others
4. Seeing  Messenger again and meeting Brave Heart
5. Found and returned I pod cozy
6. Hit 400 miles!!

We love hiking!

KOKO and The Bald Guy







1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this one! TBG beware of water-bearing feet pillows, and KOKO watch out for territorial ground-huggers!

    Like the pics, the last one is really cool, but would hate to run into that one w/out enough protection! Ouch!

    Mom gets phone Mon, Paul forwarded on a late dōTERRA pkg--all is right with the world! ;-)

    LYL
    MS

    ReplyDelete